The issue with rebasing is that if you release code publicly, other people
can clone it, then the rebase changes the history but the history isn't
changed on everyone else's clone so things get harry. Rebasing changes the
history, so it should only be done when you are the only person who's
"seen" the history. It also screws up all the comments in the Github PR
because they can no longer link to an existing diff. But if you are the
*only* person working on a branch/pr that you've push publicly then
rebasing a bunch of small commits into fewer nicely packaged commits is
fine to do before merging to master. Just beware that once you start
working on a branch with commits by more than one author headaches will
likely be introduced by rebasing.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791