Consider the following short example:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/urls/gist.githubusercontent.com/bjodah/720617780e83d7c35797/raw/c297ecf76a8e26a711b7c7868839f2dfb221bc10/gistfile1.txt

refine with Q.is_true(...) works ok for refining away Piecewise from a
solution (although it's a bit picky, e.g. Eq(k**3,0) was needed instead of
Eq(k, 0) for example)
It fails to refine to the default though (see last row).

I looked for Q.is_false without luck, I also looked for an Inequality class
but found nothing.
I know work on new assumptions is still in the pipeline, my example is with
latest sympy in conda (0.7.5), is there away in 0.7.5 or in master to do
what I am looking for?

Btw. I have a hackish solution to get out only the defaults of Piecewise
here
<https://github.com/bjodah/symvarsub/blob/master/symvarsub/utilities.py#L124>
is someone is interested.

Best regards,