Hi there,
  In sympy0.7.6 and python3.4, I would like find a intersection point for
two 3D lines but failed at the following 3D case.

  2D case:

>>> from sympy import Line, Point
>>> l1 = Line(Point(4,0),Point(0,4))
>>> l2 = Line(Point(0,0),Point(4,4))
>>> l1.intersection(l2)
[Point(2, 2)]

  3D case:  add z=1 into the above coordinates

>>> from sympy import Line3D, Point3D
>>> l3 = Line3D(Point3D(4,0,1),Point3D(0,4,1))
>>> l4 = Line3D(Point3D(0,0,1),Point3D(4,4,1))
>>> l3.intersection(l4)
[]

l3.intersection(l4) should return [Point3D(2,2,1)].

Is this a bug? or I did something wrong with it? Thanks for your help.

ouyang

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/bfca0ee0-b7bf-49c8-a961-2fc47fc0c422%40googlegroups.com.