On Thursday, November 27, 2014 10:35:34 PM UTC-8, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Awesome.
> > The papers I've read have been almost exclusively from the theorem
> proving
> > world.
>
> I think you should be mostly fine working off these.

I disagree, unless you are able to find much better papers than I have seen.

> Essentially it's all tree matching of some kind. Things will start to
> diverge as soon as domain specifics start to matter; it would be nice to
> have a not too domain-specific basic building block and add the various
> strategies on top of that.

I think the "various strategies" are very important, and not just add-ons.
There is a pattern matching program in Peter Norvig's book on Artificial
Intelligence Programming   ;  this book will also teach you Lisp.

I highly recommend it.  In fact, I would go further than that, and say
that I would expect you to re-invent much of what he writes out,
or alternatively, have a severely deficient program.
And so you might as well read it...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/cf2c33c5-a4a2-461e-80a7-80fc69c2cc15%40googlegroups.com.