Hi Chris, thanks for helping me. I've just installed git on my machine.
Then i've tried to
 download the sympy git version with :

git clone git://github.com/sympy/sympy.git

 seems that all is OK. But when I tried (from the same directory
 I 've launched the first git command)  :

> git remote add smichr git://github.com/smicbr/sympy.git

 it looks like  git://github.com/smicbr <http://github.com/smicbr/sympy.git>
is not existant :

git remote add smichr git://github.com/smicbr/sympy.git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

 If I enter this same command (git remote add smichr git://
github.com/smicbr/sympy.git) <http://github.com/smicbr/sympy.git>
 from the sympy directory (created by my first git clone) nothing happens
(no error message)
 then when I enter :

git pull smichr
fatal: remote error: