I have custom latex printing working for galgebra in "ipython notebook", but it does not work in "ipython qtconsole" (latex printing of sympy classes does work). When I try to print latex in qtconsole the ascii expression for the latex is displayed. When using qtconsole should something different be returned from _repr_latex_(self) for each class that what is returned for notebook (what I am returning for notebook is a latex ascii string).

My code for multivectors is -

    def _repr_latex_(self):
        latex_str = printer.GaLatexPrinter.latex(self)
        if r'\begin{align*}' not in latex_str:
            if self.title is None:
latex_str = r'\begin{equation*} ' + latex_str + r' \end{equation*}'
            else:
latex_str = r'\begin{equation*} ' + self.title + ' = ' + latex_str + r' \end{equation*}'
        else:
            if self.title is not None:
latex_str = latex_str.replace('&',' ' + self.title + ' =&',1)
        return latex_str

and this works in notebook.

Note that I am running python 2.7 on ubuntu 14.04 and have complete texlive installed.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/547F902E.7010507%40verizon.net.