On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 03:38:15PM -0800, Matthew Brett wrote:
> Do you mean this :
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-pkg_basics.en.html#s-depends

Yes.  I gave the policy reference in another reply (actually, this
faq entry has this reference too).

> Is there is anything that gives much more detail?

I don't think there is something to be explained.  The Debian
Policy (and so your faq entry) - very clear about recommends vs
suggests.  This distinction is in some sense - subjective (on another
hand, depends field is not).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/20150129001137.GA27085%40darkstar.order.hcn-strela.ru.