On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 3:05:27 PM UTC+1, Joachim Durchholz
wrote:

> Am 11.02.2015 um 12:07 schrieb Guillaume Anciaux:
> > For various reasons I wish to stay in Python world...
>
> You can still look at how they're dealing with it and see how their
> ideas may apply in the Python world.

Redberry is written in Java, which has no REPL and no operator overloading.
They solved these issues by providing bindings to Groovy, which is somewhat
a sort of scripted version of Java, extending Java to support a REPL and
operator overloading.

Their code is really interesting, they have already implemented many cases
of manipulations of indexed quantities, including derivatives, derivatives
of summations of indexed quantities, valence-sensitivity (i.e. covariant vs
contravariant indices).

They suggest to use IntelliJ IDEA as an IDE to work with Redberry, its
great advantage over IPython is the ability to search for class locations
and automatically import them. For the rest I prefer IPython notebook.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/07d5e99c-f4e5-4c77-a389-2ac6d4d6e6b5%40googlegroups.com.