Hi,

I've spent lot's of time yesterday and today talking to other GSoC
organizations and a lot of them very generously agreed to consider
sympy and csympy proposals.

Here is an update where to submit applications.

* Python Software Foundation (PSF)

PSF is our canonical umbrella organization and all applications should go there.

* Sage

Sage offered to also help out. In particular, this GSoC idea got
approved for sure:
http://wiki.sagemath.org/GSoC/2015#Make_Sage_use_CSymPy_as_the_symbolic_engine,
but you can submit other ideas too.

* NumFOCUS

NumFOCUS also said they would accept SymPy applications. It is not
clear how many slots they will get though, as usually Google only
gives 1 or 2 to new organizations, but it is worth a try.

Then there are few more targeted projects:

* SciRuby

SciRuby is something like SciPy in Python, but for Ruby. They are
interested in (fast) symbolic manipulation as well, so they approved
this idea:

https://github.com/SciRuby/sciruby/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2015-Ideas#ruby-bindings-to-the-csympy-c-symbolic-library

* lmonade

Here is their ideas page: http://wiki.lmona.de/get_involved/projects
They agreed to also consider well targeted proposals for CSymPy.

If I find more organizations, I will post here. You are free to submit
several proposals and to several organizations. However, you should
always make sure that you only submit high quality proposal and
targeted to the organization, so that your application is not
perceived as spam.
The best is to get in touch with us about your proposal and we can
help where to submit it and provide feedback. Each organization then
decides itself (based on their own rules) from the all the
applications that it received.

We would be happy if you submit proposals for SymPy/CSymPy but you are
of course welcome to submit for other projects as well, simply get in
touch with the given organizations and idea that you are interested
about.

Ondrej

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CADDwiVBHe9ej03q%2BOOXC_wK_71FxGxdvV5U9qP1h2grRirPF2w%40mail.gmail.com.