By default, the only assumption that Symbol object assumes is commutative
(which is True).
Rest all are taken as None (i.e. not defined or cannot be determined).

You can list all the assumptions defined for a symbol x by
      `x.assumptions0` .
or,
if you want to check for each assumption you can do:
x.is_<assumption>

To know all possible assumptions read form Line 32 to Line 116 of this:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/sympy/core/assumptions.py#L32

Yes, there is a *new* assumptions system that is underway. But it is far
from complete. This blog
<http://matthewrocklin.com/blog/work/2013/02/05/Assuming/> gives a pretty
good explanation of what the new assumptions system is going to be.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/487c49bd-5933-4477-a257-c90722c0f103%40googlegroups.com.