On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 6:02:46 PM UTC+1, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> One cause of random behaviour is built right into Python.
> Set the environment variable PYTHONHASHSEED to an integer when starting
> SymPy, and this source of randomness is eliminated and you'll get
> repeatable behaviour (different behaviour with different hash seeds).

Thanks, that seems to remove the randomness of the error.

> I don't know whether the stats module uses some kind of Monte-Carlo
> algorithm when working with probability distributions. If it does, this
> might be some intermediate result causing crashes.

Looks like it fails determining the domain from the condition.
Before the actual calculation.

>  > Or is this a bug?
>
> I'm not sure; it's likely, but it could be a side effect.

Judging from the error message and traceback I looks like a bug to me.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/b17c8233-8cc3-45e6-93c4-5a1355bfe292%40googlegroups.com.