Update - Some combination of TR7, TR8, and expand() seems to work for
powers that I've tried.  For example:

In [5]: TR8(expand(TR8(cos(x)**7)))
> Out[5]: 35*cos(x)/64 + 21*cos(3*x)/64 + 7*cos(5*x)/64 + cos(7*x)/64

But it's not clear to me how I would do that in a programmatic way.

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/fcdb6e96-dd59-4dda-9489-290e1881b7dc%40googlegroups.com.