Side tracking the conversation a bit, PyCon was very productive for me. I
gave a talk to a group of Sage users, and they seemed excited about SymPy.
Apparently (at least according to them) the symbolic support in sage is
poor, and sympy is much better. It word be nice to get sympy/csympy to be
the main symbolics engine for sage, as the increased user base would
probably result in an increased development team.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAJ2L7mdwPXSy%2BsOH2b4wHuj4PWGw%2BV%2BDGEnEiZCWfchKUS-qOg%40mail.gmail.com.