Hi,
My sympy-foo is a bit rusty now, but I think you would have to implement
this in core.Pow to get automatic simplification of that expression.
However, there may be good reasons to avoid putting all kinds of special
cases into the core module.

The terms should vanish when you apply Wick's theorem, right? Does that
work as expected?

Øyvind

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/49307c5b-6ebb-4725-89d5-6434f2f74f0b%40googlegroups.com.