Hi all

My first question is:
I was looking at the code base of solveset.py and test_solveset.py. I found
that on
lines
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/sympy/solvers/tests/test_solveset.py#L39-L40

. Here why do we have consecutive declaration of `x`. I am not sure if that
make any difference to use both of these lines.

I think first line can be removed without affecting the other ?

Second question is:

On the
line
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/sympy/solvers/tests/test_solveset.py#L60

. Why have we allowed the inversion, i mean
here `y` is just a `Symbol` with no assumptions like `positive=True,
real=True`

>>> x = Symbol('x', real=True)
>>> y = Symbol('y', real=True)
>>> inverse_real(Abs(x), y, x)
(x, FiniteSet(-y, y)) # this is what it returns currently
# i think it should be returned as it is.

>>> y = Symbol('y', real=True, positive=True)
>>> inverse_real(Abs(x), y, x)
(x, FiniteSet(-y, y ))          # currently this is returned which i think
is correct

Correct me if am wrong in my thinking at this point.

Gaurav

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/69b79a09-bb4d-4f28-814f-3bd09a6864d6%40googlegroups.com.