I have made a geodesic solver using sympy.diffgeom and scipy.integrate.
Currently I am having some issue with the solver. But the problem may be
related to Scipy. I have posted  a thread here :

http://scicomp.stackexchange.com/questions/21103/numerical-solution-of-geodesic-differential-equations-with-python

Will let you know how it turns out.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/1c47574b-4da5-4b24-8326-f91802bdb8f9%40googlegroups.com.