Bjorn,

Thanks for the reply.

> I would be inclined to think that a lot has happened to the optimizers in
> compilers since 2007, one would need to replicate some of the experiments
> on modern hardware/compilers.

As you say, testing this will be crucial. SymPy would need access to some
> dedicated hardware and I suppose a benchmark suite for SymPy generated code
> would be almost a must?

Will this project require some resources which I might not be able to
arrange? I am really lost as to what has to be done. I need to draft a
proposal and ascertain a timeline of the implementation.
Though, I read through the notes
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Code-Generation-Notes> on the Wiki and
the optimizations listed (in this
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Code-Generation-Optimizations> page
and my last mail), ( I also went through the various links on this
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sympy/omYuHN68-_U> discussion on
the mailing list), I am not able to find a suitable starting point.
Please help me.

Thanks,
Tanu Hari Dixit.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/ae39dab4-2f6e-4a17-abdd-99f79fba0453%40googlegroups.com.