Hi everyone,

I will be submitting the Group Theory proposal, but i belive my question is
valid to any Mathematics Project involving "Algorithm" coding part.

I am skeptical about what part of algorithms like Todd Coxeter (a very
useful algorithm in Group Theory) and Knuth Bendix Completion should i
write in my proposal. I followed myself trying to get the answer from last
few days. I followed this flowchart:
1. Do i know how the algorithm works mathematically (i.e have i solved
example problem in paper)? If yes then
2. Have i tried to understand why the algorithm works that particular way?
3. The jump onto the Handbook of CGT by Holt D. and try to follow the steps
in the book examples(starting)  then
4. Read the pseudocode of the algorithm. (does not make complete sense, the
API seems somewhat confusing.)

Now the thing is what part of algorithm should i describe in my proposal
(should i explain the mathematics of algorithm?) ? Considering the
seriousness of Todd Coxeter Algorithm (which will take minimum of 4 weeks
for implementation), i can't describe the "gory details" of the algorithm
right now in proposal.

If your answer is some what like: I should submit it just the way i feel
right currently since that's "my homework" feel free to say so. Just reply
so.

Thanks
Gaurav

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/871a691c-4360-44d7-94d4-44fd40f111ed%40googlegroups.com.