Hi Ondrej,
Regarding the conversion of holonomic to hypergeometric, approaches I have
in mind:

   1. If the ratio of terms can be found out directly using the recurrence
   relation then one can get the hypergeometric representation
   2. Getting a closed form of the recurrence and thus computing the ratio
   to convert to hypergeometric
   3. Guessing the function from the coefficients in series expansions

Are there any more methods which I am missing? As you wrote here
<https://gist.github.com/certik/847cafaf3111730c5b3f>

> "To convert a holonomic function back to a hypergeometric one is also
> quite easy, as one can expand the holonomic function into a (formal)
> series, and then compute the ratio of terms and get the hypergeometric
> function out of it."

Does the ratio here means the numerical value? How one can get the
hypergeometric function from the numerical values of the ratio?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/31238a9b-1830-4e47-86a6-5b5f1f44ede1%40googlegroups.com.