On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 4:18:29 AM UTC+5:30, Jason Moore wrote:

> I would try using the series expansion modules in SymPy and see if you can
> discover some of the things it can't do. You can search the mailing list
> and github issues to find out problems or suggestions for series expansions.
>

> I have gone through the mailing list discussion and found work of Avichal
> Dayal ,
> *https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sympy/o214NoJ7tJY/JbU7M_MbZesJ*

    And would like to continue his work but , what happened to his work
that he did in Gsoc 2014??
   there are also work can be done like :
  1.No separate functions for taylor, laurent, asymptotic etc.
  2.Asymptotic Expansion:
    Many special and elementary functions do not have it implemented. I
plan to do
    it for all whose expansion is possible.

    In general also SymPy does not do it properly.
    For e.g.:-
        series(sin(1/x+exp(-x))-sin(1/x), x, oo, 2) currently gives
O(1/x**2)
    It can be better expanded as:-
        1/exp(x) - 1/(2*exp(x)*x**2) + O(1/(exp(x)*x**4))
   3.There was some paper about computing limits with oscillating
      functions.so I would also want to work on that.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/43f7dc8d-d639-4886-b05a-7ea0238a7f7c%40googlegroups.com.