Ferran,

Welcome to SymPy! I'll answer some of the questions that I know, other will
chime in for the rest.

> We have read that sympy supports python 2 and 3. How does this affect the
development process?

You should write your code for Python 3.5 and when you submit a pull
request our continuous integration service will run the tests on other
versions of Python. You'll then need to fix any errors. We have a
compatibility module to help with many of the common needs for dual support
of Python 2 and 3. You can also test your code locally on both versions. I
recommend using conda to switch between Python 2 and 3 environments.

> We have read that sympy supports python 2 and 3. How does this affect the
development process?

We highly recommend smaller atomic pull requests. You are much more likely
to get reviewed in a timely fashion if you submit small PRs.

> Any further help or comments are also welcome :)

I recommend starting here:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/introduction-to-contributing. And don't
be shy about asking questions here or on the gitter channel.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAP7f1AgxHBTpqXHo4-8aKBWHHTuzAeKL2U9FLiJqKAAyenDLLw%40mail.gmail.com.