That's great. SymPy Live is in need of some maintainence. I'm CCing
David Li, who has written most of the code.

I think the biggest issue with SymPy Live is the way it does
evaluation. Because it runs on the App Engine, which only allows
persistence for 60 seconds, commands are re-executed (I don't know the
exact behavior, but I think there's also some pickling involved).

Honestly, it would be better to run it on something more advanced than
the App Engine. SymPy Live was originally written before things like
Docker and "cloud computing" existed as they do today. It would be
nicer if it just ran on a more persistent session, akin to something
like tmpnb.

That's a large undertaking, though. Shorter term there are a lot of
smaller fixes that would be nice to make, for instance, to improve the
behavior on the docs site. You can see the issue tracker for things
that need to be fixed.

Another big thing that confuses people a lot is when the behavior in
the Live shell differs because it is a different SymPy version. Maybe
it would be helpful had a bigger message on docs pages other than
"latest" that the shell may have different results because it is
running version 1.0.

Aaron Meurer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6L6Xp8GjhbDE77EfdSB1SF8W%2BJ1sk175A6JoBqK_jZU8w%40mail.gmail.com.