Did the solve actually finish?

If you could keyboard interrupt (ctrl-C) it when it is high usage and
post the resulting traceback, that would help to pinpoint the issue.
It would also help to post the system itself if you can. At the very
least can you tell us how many equations and variables there were, and
if the system is polynomial system (do all the variables being solved
for create a polynomial or do they appear in functions, like cos(x) or
sqrt(x)?).

But my guess is this is coming from the Groebner bases algorithm used
to solve polynomial systems. SymPy can solve nonlinear systems, but it
depends a lot on the specific system.

Aaron Meurer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6JjH_Oc124w5cghmF8oPtPEc5%3Dt7bDorjao5Qdm0GJdtw%40mail.gmail.com.