Hey Nalin,

A good place to start would be reading the contribution guide:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Introduction-to-contributing
Following this, you can try to tackle the issues tagged as "Easy To Fix".
In case you face any specific problems, reach out to us on our Gitter
channel.

Cheers,
Kshitij

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/aa0882a9-9eb9-4c32-9528-471cac483b97%40googlegroups.com.