Thanks Sampad, I am looking for the error. Meanwhile, I just saw if the *length
*of a beam is symbolic, then a lot of quantities have terms like
*SingularityFunction(L,
0, n) *when they can be written simply. For example, support reactions for
a simple beam problem:
>>> b = Beam(L, E, I)
>>> b.apply_load(R1, 0, -1)
>>> b.apply_load(R2, L, -1)
>>> b.apply_load(P, L/2, -1)
>>> b.solve_for_reaction_loads(R1, R2)
>>> pprint(b.reaction_loads)
⎧          1                 1         ⎫
⎪        L              0  L           ⎪
⎪    -P⋅<─>        P⋅<L> ⋅<─>         0⎪
⎨        2                 2        L  ⎬
⎪         1               1         2  ⎪

both *R1 *and* R2 *are simply *P/2* and the above thing makes it difficult
to read. I think *SingularityFunction(L, 0, n) *can be a simple *Pow* with
the same order, as for a beam *L *cant never be zero.

Should I create a PR correcting this? What do you say Jason?

Jashan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/6723d38a-94c0-4a08-8178-aa4067d4a9ce%40googlegroups.com.