Hello everyone, I am Yathartha Joshi a final year B.Tech CSE undergrad. I
am willing to be a part of GSoC 2018 for the project *Solvers: Completing
Solveset*.
Solveset has been under constant development from 2014, and then 2015, and
2016 and a lot of implementation have been done so far but there is still a
lot of things that needs to be implemented so that solveset can take over
solve completely and therefore this will be my focus during GSoC period.

My major focus during the period will be implementing *transolve, *a part
of which I have tried to implement in #13045
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/13045>, it will include the following
solvers:

 - logarithmic
 - exponential
 - equation solvable by lambertW function
 - improving and implementing trigonometric solver
 - bivariate solver

Apart from these, another group of equations that would make solveset more
powerful can be:

 - solving modular equations #13178
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/13178>.
 - solving Abs equations for complex domain.

There are some minor fixes that need to be done in solveset:

 - improving set infrastructure (helping #12011
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/12011> to get merged)
 - making nonlinsolve more powerful.

I guess these are the problems that needs to be done to complete solveset.
I might have left some points here (I will be updating if I found anything
that needs to be done), also feedbacks are appreciated if there is anything
more to be done. Also I have opened discussions here #12243
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/12243> and here #12340
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/12340> for discussing the project.

Thanks!
Looking forward to feedback and guidance for the project.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/aa261b0a-4f7e-4ceb-876b-4775bc879671%40googlegroups.com.