Hello everyone,

I'm Amit Jana. Currently I'm a first year PhD student in cryptology and
security at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. Before that, I did my
B.Sc and M.Sc in Mathematics under Vidyasagar Univercity and also did
M.Tech in computer science at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.

I'm very much interested to collaborate on algorithmic implementations of
group theoretical problems that are mentioned in this project. For example,
As we know, to find the kernels of a homomorphisms with infinite domains,
one possible way may be to find the normal subgroup of the group(domain of
the homomorphism) in an efficient way. Also to decide the isomorphisms of
the groups, we have to check only two conditions as 1. checking the
homomorphism property 2. Bijection (In another way if we can check
efficiently that the kernel of this homomorphism is only the identity). I'm
following your above mentioned book "*Handbook of Computational Group
Theory*".

But I don't understand how to start/follow the GAP library to learn about
the previous works. Would you please recommend me?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/f529807f-d566-4595-84e3-30e9f9e32f80%40googlegroups.com.