NumFOCUS runs this same grant program several times a year.

The release support for the 1.1 release was this same grant from 2017.
We also received the grant in Fall 2018 to reimplement MatchPy in C++
in SymEngine
(https://numfocus.org/blog/fall-2018-open-source-development-grants).
Both projects were successful.

Both of these show the sort of thing that can be done with this grant.

Aaron Meurer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6%2BgNb-a%2B5GPSX7%3Dcp3BOapOHJp9%2B8jhFkbbDbxaAqSTcg%40mail.gmail.com.