Hi,
This is a GSoC-19 aspirant.I am a 2nd year CS Undergrad from
IIIT,BBSR,India. I want to work on the project idea of Series-Expansion.I
had discussed with Sartaj Singh as said by Aaron Meurer to geta hold on the
idea.My proposed ideas are as below:
!)Improve rs_series module
I plan to add fourier,taylor,maclaurian,dirichlet,stirling series and other
hyperbolic series in rs_series to make it efficient to use.
2)Improve Formal Power Series
a)The limits applied to check fps and calculate logarithmic singularity
needs improvement as it creates XFAIL tests.I want to create an API that
accepts the singularities points and revise it to give positive results.
>>>f = asech(x)
>>>fps(f, x)
log(2) - log(x) - x**2/4 - 3*x**4/64 + O(x**6)
 A logarithmic singularity is a singularity of an analytic function whose
main z-dependent term is of order O(lnz). An example is the singularity of
the Bessel function of the second kind
Y_0(z)∼(2gamma)/pi+2/piln(1/2z)+... at z=0
,Green function and some trignometric functions.

Singularities with leading term consisting of nested logarithms, e.g.,
lnlnlnz, are also considered logarithmic.
3) Improve limits
I think of adding special functions for calculating limits at oo.
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/14590 according to no special
functions have been used in limits code.

def test_exponential2():
    n = Symbol('n')
    assert limit((1 + x/(n + sin(n)))**n, n, oo) == exp(x)
Also,I plan to calculate limits at multivariate points.In SymP,
limit(a,z,z0,dir='+') is possible to calculate limits for a single variable
z,I want to calculate limit(f(x,y),x,y,x0,y0,dir='+')

I need suggestions to work on these ideas as well as any changes to be made
to these or propose any other idea is welcome.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/639bb190-cb7d-4dd2-b5ef-243ca80d43c3%40googlegroups.com.