FYI there is a bond graph latex package:
https://ctan.math.illinois.edu/macros/latex/contrib/bondgraphs/bondgraphs.pdf

I would suggest not focusing on a GUI, that can be an "icing on the cake"
part of your proposal, but the main goal would be designing a very nice API
for constructing the graphs using python code and parsing the graphs into
nonlinear and linear ordinary and differential algebraic equations.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAP7f1AgkWgW005yO-RuoYpQm%2Bd2tpwwDTBQPvCifk%2BEV5%3D2Bsg%40mail.gmail.com.