Hi Alan. I unfortunately did not notice this email or your email from
last year about wanting to reintegrate GA into SymPy until today.

As Jason stated in the older thread
(https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAP7f1AjwedYve2wg7VKZxkj5o4M2SjqjV_8w5zj-Ojt82KP3Dg%40mail.gmail.com)
GA will be easiest to maintain as part of SymPy. For instance if
someone makes a change in SymPy that breaks one of the GA tests they
will also have to go in and modify GA to be compatible (every test in
the SymPy test suite must pass before a pull request can be merged).

To add a package to SymPy, add a directory under the sympy/ directory
with the code. There may be some other places that you need to modify
if you are adding a new module (like setup.py). The tests for the
package should go under the same directory (like
sympy/galgebra/tests), and the documentation should go in doc/src.

Notebooks for the documentation are fine. It is OK if the
documentation has extra dependencies that SymPy itself does not have,
since most users of SymPy will not be building the documentation from
scratch. I don't think we have integrated nbsphinx for any of our
documentation yet so that will need to be added.

Aaron Meurer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6K0wqp4KFxoBO4mFiZ2%3Di%2BWJLHjzoPCLQPhE9JD2gt-kg%40mail.gmail.com.