Hi,

I am Ankush Tiwari, a 4th year undergraduate student of Electrical
Engineering at IIT Kanpur. I want to contribute to the sympy module for
this year's Gsoc.
I done a few projects in python in my 1st and 2nd years so I am proficient
in it. I have a good mathematical background as I have done courses on
linear algebra, probability and statistics and calculus during the 4 years
in college. I also have a deep interest in algorithms, and I have
participated in a few sport programming contests(ICPC regionals 2018,19).
Although I do not have a previous experience of using Sympy, I have started
reading Sympy documentation and will soon start contributing to it.

I was interested in the project "Optimize floating point expressions" on
the project ideas list. I am currently reading the following paper (
https://herbie.uwplse.org/pldi15-paper.pdf) given on herbie's website to
learn about their algorithm to optimize floating point expressions. I
wanted to ask if some work has been done in Sympy on this topic. Also, if
anyone can suggest any other resources about the topic, that would be
helpful.

Regards,
Ankush Tiwari