Hey Jason
I am a GSoD applicant, and I have been following numpy.org since it's
release. I have also been using sympy for quite some time and I feel I can
pitch in regarding this idea. I had the following ideas in mind -
1. The current website https://www.sympy.org/en/index.html can use
restructuring, it wastes a lot of whitespace under the subheading 'Projects
Using SymPy'. The restructuring would include -
a. Getting logos for the projects using SymPy
b. a fixed navbar like https://numpy.org/
c. cleaner UI (I can make a template and will be happy to propose one)
d. adding in CSS animations wherever necessary

2. The features tab (https://www.sympy.org/en/features.html) has a lot of
drop down menus but most of the headings have no references (apart from a
single documentation link) which can be really confusing for a first time
user. The task would be to point a beginner in the right direction hence
the job would be to make it more beginner friendly. Also the grid layout
needs to be arranged a little better so as to not waste the space.

Please let me know if anyone would be willing to take this up and I would
appreciate any feedback, I have prior experience in HTML CSS Vanilla JS and
React.JS. Link to my portfolio is https://fir-website-b6d6c.web.app/

Regards
Siddharth Kapoor