I'm happy to announce that you can now donate to SymPy with GitHub
sponsors. You can sponsor SymPy by going to

https://github.com/sponsors/sympy

or by clicking the "sponsor" button at the top of the SymPy GitHub page.

GitHub sponsors allows you to add a recurring donation to SymPy. For
one-time donations, use the donation page at
https://www.sympy.org/en/donate.html. In both cases, 100% of the money
goes directly to support SymPy (minus our NumFOCUS admin fee). And in
both cases the donations go through NumFOCUS, a 501(c)(3) non-profit,
and are tax deductible in the U.S. (to the extent provided by law and
dependent on your particular tax situation). The advantage of GitHub
sponsors is that you can set it up as a recurring donation, and you
can add a badge to your GitHub profile to indicate your sponsorship.

Donating to SymPy is not in any way required to use it or to
participate in our community. SymPy will always remain free and open
source. Sponsoring SymPy does not grant you any special privileges or
rewards. However, we are able to use donated money to support SymPy.
Here are some of the ways we have used donated funds:

- Paying developers to do development or maintenance work on SymPy
- Paying for developers to attend conferences where they can present
about SymPy or meetup with other SymPy developers
- Paying the costs for SymPy Live and SymPy Gamma

Thank you to NumFOCUS for helping us set up GitHub sponsors, and thank
you to anyone who has ever donated to SymPy.