Hello SymPy mentors!

I apologize that this introduction is coming so late; I was unable to take
advantage of the "exploration" period and didn't know until just recently
that applicants are still allowed to contact mentors even after the
application deadline. I have been hoping to speak with someone about my
proposal and would love to answer any questions or concerns. Would it be
possible to do so before the review period ends?

Since submitting my proposal, I have chipped away at its tasks and thought
it might be helpful to share some of the early results. In preparation for
converting all docstrings to the numpydoc format, I ran the entire smypy
library through the numpydoc validator. It took a quite bit of
monkey-patching to have it not choke on SymPy's docstrings, so the nearly
17,000 errors it flagged are just a rough measure of the situation:
https://gist.github.com/brandondavid/b008667314397b24bbf4f2e6f1fc70ca

I also noticed a few issues that the numpydoc validator didn't, such as
malformed "See Also" sections and docstrings with repeated section names
(e.g. crypto.encipher_hill has two "Notes" sections). Still, I think the
above list is certainly enough to get started and I would be eager to do so
-- or if you have already settled on a different technical writer, I would
be happy to supply them with the work I've already done.

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to speaking further!

Cheers,
Brandon

P.S. If any mentor needs a copy of my proposal, please let me know. I can
also be reached at brandon.da...@zoho.com