On 23/08/2020 03:01, first last wrote:
I wanted a CAS to teach me about convergence conditions. I definitely don't want a CAS where I have to write the assumptions handler before it can teach me. If I write the assumptions handler wrong, I teach myself wrong math. Totally not why I installed four CAS.

I think it is important to be realistic. A CAS cannot teach you about math, any more than it can give a totally authoritative answer to anything - because all software has bugs and limitations. I used to use Mathematica, and I can tell you that it too had its bugs and limitations. The problem is that if you find a problem with one CAS and try it on another, independently developed, CAS there is a fair chance it will work, but of course they will probably be other examples where it will fail and SymPy will succeed.

SymPy is available as totally free software, and I don't like to see a user, who can't show the courtesy to reveal his name, abusing the people who do so much work for us all.

Many thanks to everyone else for bearing up so well to this abuse, and for the work you all put in on SymPy, and for your extremely helpful replies to questions!

David