Hi All,

My name is Adam Wright, and I am currently an optical engineer living in
the Seattle Area. I have an M.S. in Applied Physics, and I have been using
Python, along with Sympy, for the past four years or so.

I am especially interested in developing the physics.optics package in
Sympy. From what I have found, there aren't too many optical design
software packages out there that are free/open source. I have experience
using Zemax OpticStudio, which is awesome, but is both expensive and a bit
overkill for simpler optical designs. The Sympy physics.optics package has
a great foundation, and I would love to continue adding functionality to it.

Thanks,
Adam