I would also like more context on what the status of Theano and Aesara
is. The pull request as it is breaks compatibility by renaming the
function and making it no longer work with theano. I think it would be
better to add a new function, aesara_code, and keep the old
theano_code() intact. I'm not clear if it should also be deprecated.
Theano is currently installed in the tests, meaning it presumably
still works. Do we know at what point it will stop working?

Perhaps someone can forward this thread to one of the Aesara
developers so they can comment here.

Aaron Meurer