Hello, everybody, my name is Román and I'm a developer who's new to SymPy
and Symbolic Mathematics. I got to know about SymPy thanks to GSoC and I'm
hoping to apply here with this organization. I'm currently a venezuelan
software engineering student in my 6th semester and know how to program in
Python, my favorite programming language, which I've been using since the
last year. I also work pretty well with other languages such as C,
Javascript and Java. As for my maths skills, I have a solid base of
knowledge since I'm an engineering student, which means that I already know
Calculus and Discrete Maths. Also, I have always been a math lover since I
was really young, so I'm definitely willing to learn more and more. I've
seen this project and I think that it fits me perfectly, even though I
haven't worked with CAS before, but of course, I have just started the
basic tutorials of SymPy and I'm loving it.

I would like to know if there might be a chance for me, or if it's too late
for GSoC, since I recently discovered about it.

I'm also new to Open Source, but sure I have used Git before for my own
projects. I don't know if that might hold me back (beign new), so I would
like to know your opinion.

Finally, I'd like to mention that I'm not a native English speaker, so I
apologize if I made any mistakes. My mothertongue is Spanish, if you're
wondering.

Thanks in advance!
Román Rodríguez.