It's worth noting that if you used a Jupyter notebook with LaTeX
output, zoo prints in a nice way (\tilde{\infty}), that makes it
easier to tell what it is.

The problem with printing oo and zoo in longer form is that it makes
things more verbose, especially for oo, which might appear many times
in an expression, if it is in the limits of integration for instance.
I do think you should be able to enter them by typing out Infinity and
ComplexInfinity. Presently, you can do this if you add an S, like
S.Infinity, but only the shorter names are in the top-level namespace.

I do agree that the name "zoo" is a little opaque (I guess it means
z-oo, where oo is infinity and z means "the complex variable z"). Even
oo is confusing until you realize what it is. Personally I would have
just called it inf.

Aaron Meurer