On Tue, 28 Sept 2021 at 10:22, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not just Lambda(x, Eq(x, 1))?
>
> I don't think redefining __eq__ to return a symbolic result is a good
> idea. You're liable to get a lot of "TypeError: cannot determine truth
> value of Relational" errors from using that object.

There is a missing context for the question in this thread:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/22152#discussion_r716898734

The OracleGate class has a non-Basic lambda function in its args:

In [3]: from sympy.physics.quantum.grover import OracleGate

In [4]: e = OracleGate(1, lambda x: x == 2)

In [5]: e.args
Out[5]: (1, <function __main__.<lambda>(x)>)

The question was how you could sympify such a lambda function to Basic:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/22152#issuecomment-928631629

--
Oscar