This is a subject that is more general than sympy but is relevant to sympy
and I don't know where else to ask this question.  For plotting in sympy
and python for that matter we pretty much make do with mathplotlib.  The
software package Asymptote

https://asymptote.sourceforge.io/

is much better (it has a 3d vector syntax for plotting) and can generate
report quality graphics (especially in 3d and even interactive 3d as show
in the galleries in the link).  The problem is that it was originally
written in 2004 before the staying power of python was know so that it has
it's own programming language.  What it needs is a complete python wrapper
for the graphics related types (it uses a strongly typed interpreted
programming language with the flavor of C or C++) and plotting commands.
This is beyond my programming abilities.  Where in the python community
should I propose this as a task that should be worked on?  Note that some
people who know more about programming than I do looked at the source code
and said that it uses a virtual machine which would make writing a python
api simpler.