Peter,

All `dynamicsymbols` is, is:

f = Function('f')
t = symbols('t')
f_of_t = f(t)

The last line `f(t)` is generating a new class of type f, instead of using
a predefined class (look up metaclasses). So the user, typically not aware
of this element in Python, is confused about what they are working with in
the last line. It is just the way SymPy Function works. There are open
issues about trying to change it to something more sensible for the user to
understand.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791