Hi, my name is Tirthankar Mazumder, and I am a 2nd year BS Mathematics
student in the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.

I wish to apply for the Implementing Polynomials in SymEngine
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-Ideas#polynomials-and-the-rest-of-symengine>
 project.
In that vein, I am currently going through the list of references provided
to catch up on the existing work done in this area, and get an idea of the
general roadmap.

   - level of familiarity with python (years of programming, previous
   projects): While I don't have much in terms of official experience (with
   certificates and whatnot), I have been programming in Python for 2-3 years
   now. I regularly use Python for some small self-projects. I have also used
   it for some Project Euler problems, and some coursework assignments, and a
   simulation project.
   - Since I am planning on applying to a project which requires C++
   experience, I feel that I should mention my experience with C++ too: I have
   participated in the development of a C++ game/physics engine called Physicc
   (GitHub link <https://github.com/Physicc/Light>). In this project, I was
   put in charge of handing all the CI, which I did using GitHub Actions.
   Moreover, I wrote the bounding volume code (link

<https://github.com/Physicc/Light/blob/development/Physicc/include/boundingvolume.hpp>),

   for which I used template metaprogramming (CRTP) to ensure a low runtime
   overhead. I also co-wrote the BVH
   <https://github.com/Physicc/Light/blob/development/Physicc/include/bvh.hpp>
    and broadphase

<https://github.com/Physicc/Light/blob/feature/broadphase/Physicc/include/broadphase.hpp>
 portions
   with one other person. In addition to this, I also successfully used
   Doxygen and GitHub Actions to extract the documentation from our project
   and host it online using GitHub Pages (link
   <https://physicc.github.io/Light/>). Apart from all this, I have also
   written a ray tracer in C++20 (link <https://github.com/wermos/Celerity>
   ).

   - mathematical education level (high school / ... / PhD?): Majoring in
   math, minoring in CS
   - particular expertise (physics? biology? ...subtopics):
   - particular algorithmic interests: Improving SymPy-SymEngine
   integration and adding features to SymEngine
   - level of familiarity with symbolic math systems "computer algebra": I
   have some experience with Mathematica and Sage, and I have been using SymPy
   for some course assignments.
   - your familiarity with SymPy (e.g. how have you used SymPy)? I have
   mainly used SymPy for some simulation-type work. I use it to symbolically
   create equations and then convert them to fast NumPy ufuncs for simulation
   purposes.
   - other possibly relevant information -- geographical location? native
   language?: India and English.