Zohreh,

I pulled the paper. I see no reason you need to use SymPy to do the
numerical fitting. I would approach this by inputting the species in a
dictionary or list and then use that to call functions that generate the
computed value for  each term/sum. Are you trying to keep track of the
complete symbolic expression or do a numerical calculation?

If you are using chemical symbols or reactions, are  you taking advantage
of ChemPy?

Jonathan