I am a 2nd Year sophomore student from NIT Delhi doing Bachelor in
Technology in Electronics and Communication. I want to increase the
capabilities of the SymPy library by including a communication toolbox for
it as available in MATLAB. I plan to add all the modulation schemes,
including analog and digital communication, with their plots in both time
and frequency domains.

I want to add a Signal and System module to SymPy, which will calculate
everything about the signal bandwidth, time period, modulation index, power
of the signal, error in signal due to noise from different channels, etc.
I will use the SymPy plotting feature to plot various modulated and
demodulated signals with and without noise.
*This communication toolbox will contain modulation and demodulation of all
the modulated signals.*
*I have a detailed plan in my mind about the same topic. I have studied
Signal and Systems, Control Theory, and Analog and Digital Communication in
depth, which will help me implement it in the SymPy library. Sir, Please
provide some feedback on my project idea. *

Sir, I saw in 2020 the same way a new Control System module was added to
this library by Naman Gera; this has increased the functionality of SymPy
to solve the transfer functions,
calculate the time response of the transfer function plot root locus
diagrams, etc
Sir, in the same way, this will help increase the capabilities to analyze
signals more efficiently.

Currently, I've completed the reading of about half of the docs and also
implemented them on code in Jupyter, which has helped me to get interested
in the library and its capabilities.I have to read the source code and
understand how SymPy is written, and follow the same.
I am confident that I will be able to implement the Communication toolbox
in the SymPy library,
Sir, please guide me on this so that I can create a detailed plan for this
communication toolbox.
Any small suggestion regarding GSoC or this library will be extremely
valuable to me.
Hoping for a positive response.

Yours Sincerely
Abhishek Kumar