> I personally don't really like the low hanging fruit ideas because
they generate a lot of low quality applications and noise, but at the
same time, we have definitely had some good people in the past who
have started with such projects.

I only see 'noise' that GSOC seasons makes the mailing list flooded with
introductions, mentor requests.
I don't think that it is because we have some 'easy' ideas or not.

Is it really requested from GSOC to request students to share all the
format, like instruction in the mailing list?
Or is it our own rule making this?