On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 at 07:42, Shishir Kushwaha
<kushwahashishir1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was going over the open issues i could potentially solve and I think some
> of them are still open after their solution PR has been merged. What do I do
> about those issues . Should I leave a comment on the issue on its closing or
> ask what needs to be done ?

Sometimes an issue that should have been closed gets forgotten when a
PR is merged. Also sometimes there are several PRs for the same issue
and once one is merged the others should be closed but this can also
be missed. In either case it is useful to comment on the issue or PR
pointing out that it could be closed.

Please include information showing how to demonstrate that the problem
is fixed and mention that the PR that was merged has a test for the
issue or point to where the issue is tested in the codebase. Basically
include enough information that it is easy for someone else to read
your comment and then confirm that it should be closed.

--
Oscar