On Wednesday, March 13, 2024 at 1:29:37 a.m. UTC+1 samithkar...@gmail.com
wrote:

Hi,
If we are maintianing matchpy as our own repository, Is it okay for us to
make the matchpy elements in more integrated way to sympy, or still we need
to support the every functionalities that matchpy gave earlier.

Well, I would try to keep MatchPy as much generalizable as possible. That
library is very useful even outside of SymPy (many projects could benefit
from it).

As an example,  issue 69 <https://github.com/HPAC/matchpy/issues/69> suggests
to create neutral or identity element, but for it to make a proper meaning
in XML domain we need to make it as default value,

If we ever address issue 69, I believe it would be proper to raise an
exception if that issue does not apply to the case. For example, if you try
to construct a neutral element on an XML tree, you should not be able to
use a generic identity element. This is different if nodes are additions or
multiplications.

likewise there are more things that we take into consideration if we need
to support this for other types as well. Because somethings that supports
in current version of matchpy would break when we add those
functionalities.

I think we can still add new functionalities and keep MatchPy fully
working, we just have to do it carefully and make sure that all unit tests
of MatchPy keep working.