Hello SymPy community,
I want to ask if you guys allow me I would like to raise a issue or we can
say improvement. I found .subs() amusing but I think we can upgrade that.
For reference when we have a equation eq=x**2+5 and then we use
eq.subs(x,1) it means x is replaced by 1(x-->1), that gives a simple answer
6. That's totally fine but if I want to substitute a expression with
something, it won't work let's take the previous example, eq=x**2+5 and
then we use eq.subs(x+1,2) this gives old equation back, but it was
supposed to replace x+1 to 2 that means same as before (x-->1) and answer
supposed to be 6 as in real mathematics.
[image: Screenshot 2024-03-29 141816.png]